FIRE AWARENESS TRAINING
It is a requirement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 that employers should provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees.
This comprehensive SAQA aligned course (Unit Standards: 13961, 110192, 110075 and 12484) covers an introduction to Fire Fighting and Awareness, enabling all participants to:
- Have a greater awareness and understanding of the threat posed by fire, their personal responsibility in preventing an outbreak where they work and, on the action to be taken should one occur?
- Enable the student to tackle a fire in its incipient stages, in the correct and safe manner, using the correct extinguishing medium.
- Assist with the safe evacuation of all building occupants and correct reporting procedures should a fire or other emergency take place.
A minimum of 4 hours.
Course Content / Modules Covered
A wide range of subjects is covered including:
- Introduction – What to do
- Combustion – The nature of Fire
- Causes of fire – How fires start and prevention
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Other fire equipment (Fire Buckets and Blankets)
- Fixed Fire Hose reels
- Plan, prepare and carry out a fire drill
- Practical sessions
If your organisation has a specific area of training that is not included, or you require a more in-depth session then we can accommodate you by providing additional training in that particular subject.
Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a Fire Awareness Certificate.